U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana: Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program
Deadline: 31 May 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking applications for its Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Program to provide assistance to small community-led projects that promise to have an immediate impact.
- The maximum grant is $US12, 000, converted to cedis at the prevailing exchange rate. However, very few projects are funded at that amount.
- Projects typically range between US$1,000 and $US10,000.
- The project must be initiated by the community and should benefit the community by increasing income or improving living conditions. If the project is designed to generate income, it must be truly community-based and not a for-profit enterprise or sole proprietorship.
- The project should be sustainable and not require continued support after the one-time contribution from the Self-Help Program. (For example: classroom furniture, hospital equipment, etc.)
- The community must make substantial contributions to the project in money or in kind
- All projects must be completed in one year.
- All SSH programs must be community-based, and initiated and administered at the local level.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Ghana