CFSI 2017 Call for Proposals: Promoting Family Farming in West Africa
Deadline: 7 March 2017
The Fondation de France and the Comité Français pour la Solidarité Internationale (CSFI) are accepting proposals for a programme entitled” “Promotion of family farming in West Africa (Pafao)” 2017 with an aim to boost local initiatives to increase access to food through viable and sustainable family agriculture in Africa, share their knowledge and experience on a wider scale and contribute to the documentation on the sustainability of this agricultural model.
The specific objectives are:
- through concrete, innovative action, to improve and secure the production, processing, preservation and marketing of farm produce and to ensure that poor urban consumers have access to it;
- to share among local, national and international actors the knowledge acquired from concrete action under this program, and to draw comprehensive lessons.
- Connecting family farming to urban and rural markets / promoting the consumption of local products.
- Developing methods of sustainable agriculture / sustainable food systems.
Two kinds of initiatives will be supported:
- short-term projects (one-year duration), with a granted amount of 10,000€ to 15,000€;
- multi-year projects (3 years maximum), with a maximum amount of 50,000€ for the whole time period (3 years) and paid in annual tranches in light of the progress of the project.
- To non-profit legal entities:
- West African farmers’ organizations.
- “Support NGOs” active in West Africa or in Europe (to the extent that they work with local partners).
- Research and/or training organizations.
- This call is reserved for proposals of partnership actions, formalized between African and European organization(s).
- The applicant organization can be West African or European.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application file through the given website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, the island of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo.